Saturday, January 16, 2010

day 16


a DVR.



Cable is one of those things I have a hard time paying for based on principle, not affordability. We have limited HD service and there are lots of channels and the picture is pretty and I've come to terms with what it costs. But I still think it's a lot of money for television. (Although I do really like television.)

But we were all set to take our current cable box back this morning and trade it in for a shiny new cable box/DVR. All my friends said that we would love it. It would change the way we watch tv. I would never again miss an episode of ___. I could set it to find "Jacques Pepin" and the DVR is smart! it will find every instance of Jacques Pepin and record it for me.

That sounds nice.

Then, as I was paying bills yesterday I noticed that our friendly (ahem) cable company had included a 2010 pricing guide in our January bill. And DVR service is $16 a month. And I balked. Not because I can't scratch together $16 a month, but because I don't want to. I can find Jacques Pepin all by myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment