Monday, January 11, 2010

day eleven

Email advertisements confuse me. Each day I receive a number of emails attempting to lure me to the company's website where I will be able to take advantage of an advertised deal. I sort of understand the emails that I receive from companies with whom I am a frequent shopper, but the one that confuses me is from a food company I think I've bought from once. Each day - I started keeping track just before Christmas - the subject line advertises increasingly tempting deals and they tend to be paired with a time limit "50% off sitewide - for 48 hours only!"

What algorithm is this company using to determine that I'm a likely return customer? I should show up as extremely unactive in their database. Is that it email blasts are so cheap it doesn't matter if I never buy from them?

No comments:

Post a Comment