Friday, January 1, 2010

day one

For the next 90 days I have pledged (to myself) not to buy any article of clothing, shoes, or bags. Cold turkey.

NB: My husband and the boy are excluded from this exercise.


Why? I overindulged throughout most of 2009 - but especially in holiday shopping. I stuck to our budget for everyone else, but I brought something home for me from each shopping trip. At the mall? Stop by Banana Republic. At the craft show? I love that necklace. Online? Lots of fun stuff there too. I'm the easiest person I know to shop for. I love everything.

So I'm going to try it.

Complying on day one is easiest. My resolution is new! Still though, temptation is everywhere. I passed the Starbucks on the way to pick up the boy this morning, and resisted. Lattes are not specifically mentioned in the clothing, bags and shoes rule, but still. It's the first day.

Then scrolling through my google reader I find this lovely thing:



















www.jcrew.com
FENTON-FALLON for J.Crew Carrington crystal bow necklace
$295



Which is stunning, but for which I have no need. And so here we go...



No comments:

Post a Comment