Thursday, January 7, 2010

day seven

Today I learned from my friend C that there is a 21-day shopping hiatus that's being advocated as a good way to start the year. It sounds great. It's more extreme than mine (no eating in the office cafeteria, for instance), but not spending at all would greatly increase the focus I would put on every single purchase. It's worth considering. Still, though, I think that 21 days isn't enough time to actually change behavior and become more discriminating with every purchase.

And in spite of spending $4 on a turkey burger today I haven't replaced my desire for clothes, shoes and bags with any other thing. So I should have more money this month than last month. Of course, the boy did sign up for drivers ed.

btw, I googled "21 day shopping cleanse" and found results that were very, very far from what I intended. Just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment